LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- The Town of Lewisboro has two Memorial Day parades scheduled for Monday, May 26 in two of its hamlets.
The first, which will be in Goldens Bridge, will involve a 10:45 a.m. assembly at a parking lot by the train station. From there, the parade will run and stop at the Community House, which is located at 65 Old Bedford Road, for services.
The Goldens Bridge services will include an invocation and benediction from Fr. Joseph Campo, remarks from Lewisboro Supervisor Peter Parsons, along with remarks from retired Maj. Lee Hughes and from Dr. Leslie Simon, who is with an American Legion chapter. There will also be taps and a wreath laying.
The second parade will be in South Salem. Assembly will start at 11:45 a.m. at Lake Shore Drive, which is by the southern end of Truesdale Lake. The parade will kick off at 12:15 p.m. and end at the town house, which is located at 11 Main St. There, services will include remarks from Parsons and Campo, along with a rendition of the song "Amazing Grace."
- 1 Accident Reported At Intersection Of Routes 35, 124 In Lewisboro
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Former Waccabuc Resident Spent $11,000 On Takeout
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester