LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The Lewisboro Daily Voice is taking a look back on the town’s Top 10 stories of 2012.
The Katonah-Lewisboro School District received an $80,000 grant for a school resource police officer (aka youth officer).
The position, which was once held by now Lewisboro Chief of Police Frank Secret, became the victim of town budget cuts several years ago.
The grant was secured by state Sen. Greg Ball, (R,C-Patterson), whose district includes Lewisboro and Katonah.
South Salem resident and former Lewisboro Highway Department employee Andrew Llewellyn, 32, was hired to fill the full-time position. Llewellyn is also the chief of the South Salem Fire Department.
“He’s a family man with two children and this is a career that he’s always wanted,” Secret said. “I think he’s going to do a great job.”
Ball promised local officials he will keep the grant money coming for as long as he in office.
- 1 Former Waccabuc Resident Spent $11,000 On Takeout
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Cross River Man, 20, Had Sexual Phone Chats With Minors, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester