LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The Lewisboro Daily Voice is taking a look back on the town’s Top 10 stories of 2012.
The Katonah-Lewisboro School District received an $80,000 grant for a school resource police officer (aka youth officer).
The position, which was once held by now Lewisboro Chief of Police Frank Secret, became the victim of town budget cuts several years ago.
The grant was secured by state Sen. Greg Ball, (R,C-Patterson), whose district includes Lewisboro and Katonah.
South Salem resident and former Lewisboro Highway Department employee Andrew Llewellyn, 32, was hired to fill the full-time position. Llewellyn is also the chief of the South Salem Fire Department.
“He’s a family man with two children and this is a career that he’s always wanted,” Secret said. “I think he’s going to do a great job.”
Ball promised local officials he will keep the grant money coming for as long as he in office.
- 1 Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Westchester Border
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Cardinal Attends Funeral Of Monsignor Related To Ex-Lewisboro Supervisor
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Lewisboro On Wednesday