LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Lewisboro this week:
- With the closing of Lewisboro Elementary School in the fall of 2014 and a change to its health coverage model, the proposed 2014-15 budget for the Katonah-Lewisboro School District would decrease spending by nearly $3.8 million.
- Westchester County Executive, Thornwood native and Mount Pleasant resident Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- A Pound Ridge man is expected to face additional weapons charges Tuesday, one week after police say they found heroin, 125 hypodermic needles, weapons and more than $25,000 in stolen jewelry in his home.
- A 26-year-old Florida man, Patrick Smith, has been sentenced to 25 years to life for a murder that occurred in North Salem.
- Students from Mahopac High School who allegedly made racist comments on Twitter following the school's loss to Mount Vernon in the Section 1 boys basketball semifinals have drawn the ire of school officials from both districts, according to CBS New York.