LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Lewisboro this week:
- With the closing of Lewisboro Elementary School in the fall of 2014 and a change to its health coverage model, the proposed 2014-15 budget for the Katonah-Lewisboro School District would decrease spending by nearly $3.8 million.
- Westchester County Executive, Thornwood native and Mount Pleasant resident Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.
- A Pound Ridge man is expected to face additional weapons charges Tuesday, one week after police say they found heroin, 125 hypodermic needles, weapons and more than $25,000 in stolen jewelry in his home.
- A 26-year-old Florida man, Patrick Smith , has been sentenced to 25 years to life for a murder that occurred in North Salem.
- Students from Mahopac High School who allegedly made racist comments on Twitter following the school's loss to Mount Vernon in the Section 1 boys basketball semifinals have drawn the ire of school officials from both districts, according to CBS New York.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.