KATONAH, N.Y. -- Friends of John Jay Homestead announced that Ruth Sonshine has been selected to be the organization's new executive director.
Sonshine starts on Monday, June 23, replacing Wendy Ross, who retired on May 30. Her experience, according to the group's announcement, includes having served as associate director for major gifts at Yale Law School.
In a statement, Sonshine said she is “excited about joining this excellent organization, with its strong community role, dynamic programs, and essential mission.”
Jon Stanley, the organization's chairman, said in a statement: “This has been an exciting and confirming process for us. We received applications from very committed and qualified applicants who knew about our range of programs and ambitions, and who were excited about our mission. We’ve just spent the weekend thanking Wendy Ross for her leadership for so many years, and want to thank all the others as well who have helped make the Friends the strong place it is now.”
Sonshine's selection got a positive statement from Heather Iannucci, who is a New York State Parks site manager.
“We look forward to working with Ruth. The Friends bring indispensable energy and support to our shared site, and our relationship has never been stronger!”
- 1 Former Waccabuc Resident Spent $11,000 On Takeout
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Accident Reported At Intersection Of Routes 35, 124 In Lewisboro
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro
- 5 Cross River Man, 20, Had Sexual Phone Chats With Minors, Police Say