CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- State Sen. Greg Ball (R,C,I-Patterson) recently helped ring the closing bell at the NASDAQ stock market .
Ball, who also serves as chairman of the state Senate Veterans, Homeland Security and Military Affairs Committee, joined with the nonprofit group Things We Read and Purple Heart Homes to participate in the closing. Things We Read is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving soldiers deployed overseas.
“I am honored to join my good friend U.S. Army First Lt. Chris Molaro to help ring the NASDAQ stock market closing bell. Chris does wonderful work for our servicemen and women with his nonprofit, The Things We Read as well as his active involvement in the always impressive Army Week Association events,” Ball said in a release. “As we continue to work together to do great things, I take personal pride in joining Things We Read in honoring the men and women that protect our Country every day.”
Chris Molaro, founder of Things We Read, praised Ball for his efforts in supporting the organization.
"It is his [Ball's] mentorship and model as a fellow service member and public servant that inspired us to do anything we could to provide for our soldiers,” said Molaro. “We're now very pleased to have his official support today at the NASDAQ.”
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 3 State Police Warn Lewisboro Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Mount Kisco Woman Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Bank Customers
- 5 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Lewisboro