CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Responders are amazed that a 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl was able to survive a jump from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Monday, according to LoHud.com.
A Westchester County Police marine unit was in the area right when the girl jumped. They found her half conscious and floating face up, LoHud.com reported.
One of the investigators said he could only remember one other person who survived the 153-foot fall and that was a 20-year-old West Point cadet, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 2 State Police Warn Lewisboro Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Lewisboro
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation