CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Responders are amazed that a 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl was able to survive a jump from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Monday, according to LoHud.com.
A Westchester County Police marine unit was in the area right when the girl jumped. They found her half conscious and floating face up, LoHud.com reported.
One of the investigators said he could only remember one other person who survived the 153-foot fall and that was a 20-year-old West Point cadet, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Hand Grenade Removed From Katonah Home Found To Be Inert
- 2 Future Of Lewisboro Elementary A Major Topic For Officials
- 3 National Weather Service: Lewisboro's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 4 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 5 Patient At Danbury Hospital Undergoing Testing For Enterovirus