CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Responders are amazed that a 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl was able to survive a jump from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Monday, according to LoHud.com.
A Westchester County Police marine unit was in the area right when the girl jumped. They found her half conscious and floating face up, LoHud.com reported.
One of the investigators said he could only remember one other person who survived the 153-foot fall and that was a 20-year-old West Point cadet, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Former Waccabuc Resident Spent $11,000 On Takeout
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Cross River Man, 20, Had Sexual Phone Chats With Minors, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Lewisboro Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'