CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- Responders are amazed that a 16-year-old Mohegan Lake girl was able to survive a jump from the Bear Mountain Bridge on Monday, according to LoHud.com.
A Westchester County Police marine unit was in the area right when the girl jumped. They found her half conscious and floating face up, LoHud.com reported.
One of the investigators said he could only remember one other person who survived the 153-foot fall and that was a 20-year-old West Point cadet, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Lewisboro
- 4 Katonah-Lewisboro School Board OK's Deeper Tax-Levy Cut Than Predicted
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store