LEWISBORO, N.Y. – Police arrested a Goldens Bridge man last week and charged him with driving while intoxicated.
Police arrested Douglas M. Sebring, 46, on Thursday after following him to his house when he failed to let police pass him as they were responding to a fire call.
Officers were responding to a brush fire complaint on Flintlock Road when they got behind Sebring, who was driving a 2005 Subaru Impreza. Police said he failed to pull over and let them pass despite the emergency lights and sirens. The officer followed Sebring until he pulled into his residence on Hall Avenue. The officer approached the vehicle and asked Sebring if he had noticed the police car behind and Sebring said that he had not. The officer asked him to get out of the car and said Sebring appeared intoxicated – unsteady on his feet with slurred speech and bloodshot eyes. He told the officer that he had had a few drinks earlier in the day.
Lewisboro police requested the state troopers respond. State police administered several field sobriety tests, which police said Sebring failed. He was then placed under arrest for DWI and transported to the state police barracks in Somers for processing.
In other police blotter news:
A father and his daughter came to the police station to report that the daughter’s personal information was being posted on a website. The daughter said the site shows her name, cell phone number a link to her Facebook page. The site allows browsers to click on the cell phone number and call it from their computers. The father said he contacted the website to see how the information could be removed but had not heard back. Police informed the family that at this time no crime had been committed.
Police responded to the Jewish Family Congregation for an open door. Upon arrival, the officer requested backup and began to check the inside of the building. The officer also called the alarm company and requested to have the key holder respond. Police checked all three floors and was able to secure the door before the key holder arrived. When the key holder arrived, the alarm was reset.
Police responded to a home on Main Street in South Salem on the report of an elderly woman experiencing dizziness. Upon arrival, the victim’s attending nurse was on the scene. The woman was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital by her nurse.
Police were called to an Apache Circle residence to assist EMS. Upon arrival, the victim told police he had fallen, become unconscious and had no feeling in his left leg. Westchester EMS and Goldens Bridge Fire Department arrived and the man was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital for further tests and observation.
Police responded to a domestic disturbance call on Oscaleta Road in South Salem. State troopers were on the scene. Officers spoke with the father at the home, who said he was having problems with his son who was not obeying the rules of the home and had become defiant. The father had wanted to take a trip to Ridgefield, Conn. and bring the son along because he feared if the son stayed behind he would sneak out of the house. The son refused to go and an argument ensued with both parties pushing one another. Police intervened and convinced the son to go with his father.
Police impounded a 2004 Volvo S80 due to a suspended registration as well as being uninspected and parked in a handicapped spot. Police discovered that the car’s registered owner had an arrest warrant out of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department. The towing company was asked to inform the sheriff’s department when the owner came to get the car. When the owner arrived, state police arrived and took him to the Somers barracks to verify the warrant.
Police were sent to a Sunny Ridge residence in South Salem on the report of a chimney fire. The Goldens Bridge Fire Department was on the scene tending to the fire. Police interviewed the homeowner, who said he started a fire in his fireplace and when he walked outside noticed flames coming out of the chimney and called 911. The fire department was able to contain the flames and put out the fire without any further problems.