MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Northern Westchester Hospital has been recognized as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association for helping employees eat better and move more.
“Physical activity, healthy eating habits and employee wellness are important priorities at Northern Westchester Hospital," said Kerry Flynn Barrett, NWH's vice president of human resources. "We are honored and excited to be recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite.
"We’re committed to providing the best workplace environment possible. This recognition will encourage our employees to focus on their health and wellness and produce even more positive results for our worksite overall.”
• Offer employees physical activity options in the workplace.
• Increase healthy eating options at the worksite.
• Promote a wellness culture in the workplace.
• Implement at least nine criteria outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture.
• Demonstrate measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness.
The NWH wellness committee, comprised of dedicated volunteer staff members, creates a variety of employee wellness initiatives that make NWH a Platinum-level Fit-Friendly Worksite.
Programs available to staff include free health risk assessments and on-site biometric screenings that enable staff to learn about their current health status and how to minimize personal health risks; access to a wellness coach and online support tools and presentations on topics such as ‘sun safety and melanoma prevention’ and ‘stress and inflammation.’
Walking programs and ‘Fun Runs’ are among the many wellness initiatives in place. In addition, nutrition counseling, fitness reimbursement and customized, on-site smoking cessation programs with free nicotine replacements are offered to staff members.
The Fit-Friendly Worksites program is a catalyst for positive change in the American workforce by helping employers make their staffs’ health and well-being a priority.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Vacant Home In Goldens Bridge Destroyed By Fire
- 3 Lewisboro's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Lewisboro Residents