TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - A multiple-vehicle accident on the northbound lanes of the Tappan Zee Bridge closed traffic in both directions Tuesday night, according to reports by New York State Police.
Motorists can expect major delays in the area of the Tappan Zee and are advised to use alternative routes.
The medical examiner has been requested to come to the scene of the accident.
A tractor-trailer and at least three cars were reportedly involved. People were also reportedly trapped in vehicles.
According to State Police, critical injuries have been reported northbound lanes remain closed in order to perform an accident reconstruction.
Southbound traffic remains open but is backed up.
Check back for updates.
- 1 Three Charged After Six-Month Lewisboro Heroin Probe
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern