TARRYTOWN, N.Y. - A multiple-vehicle accident on the northbound lanes of the Tappan Zee Bridge closed traffic in both directions Tuesday night, according to reports by New York State Police.
Motorists can expect major delays in the area of the Tappan Zee and are advised to use alternative routes.
The medical examiner has been requested to come to the scene of the accident.
A tractor-trailer and at least three cars were reportedly involved. People were also reportedly trapped in vehicles.
According to State Police, critical injuries have been reported northbound lanes remain closed in order to perform an accident reconstruction.
Southbound traffic remains open but is backed up.
Check back for updates.
- 1 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Lewisboro On Wednesday
- 3 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Katonah-Lewisboro School District Will Be Closed Wednesday