WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metro-North's recent trials and tribulations have taken up a lot of the local media spotlight over the last year, but now Newsweek, has put the beleaguered commuter railroad in the national news.
The article's primary focus is on the myriad problems facing the New Haven Line, but points out problems that any Westchester County commuter can relate to, including overflowing bathrooms, dirty floors, old and outdated equipment, and unheated passenger cars, according to Newsweek.
One commuter told Newsweek that "hitchhiking a ride to work with a serial killer seems like a more pleasant way to travel than commuting another day with Metro North."
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Lewisboro Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Lewisboro
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways