WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Metro-North's recent trials and tribulations have taken up a lot of the local media spotlight over the last year, but now Newsweek, has put the beleaguered commuter railroad in the national news.
The article's primary focus is on the myriad problems facing the New Haven Line, but points out problems that any Westchester County commuter can relate to, including overflowing bathrooms, dirty floors, old and outdated equipment, and unheated passenger cars, according to Newsweek.
One commuter told Newsweek that "hitchhiking a ride to work with a serial killer seems like a more pleasant way to travel than commuting another day with Metro North."
- 1 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Lewisboro On Wednesday
- 3 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Lewisboro
- 4 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester State Trooper, Her Partner Graduate From Canine Handler School