WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An 18-year-old Shrub Oak man was arrested and charged by Yorktown Police after he was accused of having a BB gun at Lakeland High School on Thursday, June 19.
The man has been charged with unlawful possession of a weapon upon school grounds, a violation. Due to his eligibility for youthful offender status, police did not release his name.
At 7:44 p.m., police were conducting an undercover drug enforcement investigation when they observed a man waving a gun around in the Lakeland High School parking lot according to a statement issued by police.
The man was stopped by Officer Daniel Kaen and police said they discovered he had a BB gun. The man was released on his own recognizance and is due back in court on July 22, police said.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 5 Katonah Consignment Business Owner Charged With Failing To Pay State Taxes