WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An 18-year-old Shrub Oak man was arrested and charged by Yorktown Police after he was accused of having a BB gun at Lakeland High School on Thursday, June 19.
The man has been charged with unlawful possession of a weapon upon school grounds, a violation. Due to his eligibility for youthful offender status, police did not release his name.
At 7:44 p.m., police were conducting an undercover drug enforcement investigation when they observed a man waving a gun around in the Lakeland High School parking lot according to a statement issued by police.
The man was stopped by Officer Daniel Kaen and police said they discovered he had a BB gun. The man was released on his own recognizance and is due back in court on July 22, police said.
- 1 Bedford Hills Nurse Earned More Than $630K In Overtime
- 2 Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Westchester Border
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Lewisboro
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway