WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- An 18-year-old Shrub Oak man was arrested and charged by Yorktown Police after he was accused of having a BB gun at Lakeland High School on Thursday, June 19.
The man has been charged with unlawful possession of a weapon upon school grounds, a violation. Due to his eligibility for youthful offender status, police did not release his name.
At 7:44 p.m., police were conducting an undercover drug enforcement investigation when they observed a man waving a gun around in the Lakeland High School parking lot according to a statement issued by police.
The man was stopped by Officer Daniel Kaen and police said they discovered he had a BB gun. The man was released on his own recognizance and is due back in court on July 22, police said.
- 1 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 2 Presentations Scheduled On Scotts Corners Overhaul
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed