LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The Lewisboro Town Board meeting scheduled for Monday night has been canceled due to the weather. The agenda will be taken up at the next meeting, slated for Monday, Feb. 4.
The National Weather Service has predicted snow changing to freezing rain by the afternoon, with possible snow and sleet accumulations of less than 1 inch.
By mid-morning, Lewisboro Highway Department trucks were headed out to sand the roads.
“The biggest problem is the freezing rain,” said Highway Superintendent Peter Ripperger. “I don’t anticipate anything major, but the ground is so cold when the rain hits it turns into a skating rink. So we are putting a thin layer of salt down. We are short on drivers, so we are doubling up our runs.”
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 4 New York Proposes Hunting Season Changes
- 5 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester