LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The Lewisboro Town Board meeting scheduled for Monday night has been canceled due to the weather. The agenda will be taken up at the next meeting, slated for Monday, Feb. 4.
The National Weather Service has predicted snow changing to freezing rain by the afternoon, with possible snow and sleet accumulations of less than 1 inch.
By mid-morning, Lewisboro Highway Department trucks were headed out to sand the roads.
“The biggest problem is the freezing rain,” said Highway Superintendent Peter Ripperger. “I don’t anticipate anything major, but the ground is so cold when the rain hits it turns into a skating rink. So we are putting a thin layer of salt down. We are short on drivers, so we are doubling up our runs.”
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 4 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money