LEWISBORO, N.Y. – Lewisboro Supervisor Peter Parsons re-declared the state of emergency for the town in the wake of Hurricane Sandy and offered the following updates:
Polling sites will be open for voting tomorrow. Voters should go to their regular polling site (John Jay High School, South Salem Fire House, Meadow Pond Elementary School and Increase Miller Elementary School.) Contact the Town Clerk's Office with questions at 914-763-3511.
- Katonah-Lewisboro schools are open Monday and Tuesday for classes.
- SATs have been rescheduled to Nov. 17.
- The Lewisboro Volunteer Ambulance Corps auction and casino night has been rescheduled to Nov. 17.
- Showers are available at Ridgefield Park & Recreation Center, 195 Danbury Road, Ridgefield, Conn, next to Founders Hall, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. The New Canaan YMCA, 564 South Ave., New Canaan, Conn., can be used for showers and as a shelter. Bring towels and toiletries.
- The Lewisboro Library has resumed normal hours. Call 914-763-3857
- The town offices at Cross River have resumed normal hours. Lewisboro Justice Court was not in session Monday. It will be rescheduled.
- The Town House (11 Main St., South Salem) and the fire houses (Goldens Bridge, South Salem and Vista) are open as warming stations and for residents to charge electronic devices.
- Dry ice and water is available at the Town House; call regarding availability at 914-977-8043. The Town House also has a non-potable water source available for residents to fill containers. Call 914-977-8043. The Town House also has limited drinking water available for residents.
- Town Emergency Headquarters is at the Town House, 11 Main St., South Salem. A 24-hour information line will be answered by a live person at 914-977-8043.
- Those in need of alternative shelter can call 914-977-8043, and arrangements will be made. Continue to use 911 for emergency calls only to ambulance, fire and police.
- Emergency updates at www.lewisborogov.com and www.lewisboroemergency.com.
- Advice is to minimize travel, assume all downed lines are live, respect all temporary traffic barriers to facilitate response by emergency vehicles and yield to emergency workers.