LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- Great schools, low crime and proximity to Manhattan landed Lewsiboro on top of the "15 Safest and Most Liveable Small Towns" list, according to securitysystemscompare.com
To qualify, towns needed to meet the following:
- A population between 5,000 and 20,000 people.
- A Great Schools Rating of 8 or Better
- A Median Home Price Below $500,000
- Low Violent Crime Rates (Per FBI Data)
- Low Burglary Rates (Per FBI Data)
- Within 1 Hour of a Larger City
- No More Than One Winning City Per State
Schools were rated 10 out of 10 and crime, among 100,000 residents, is nearly non-existent, but for isolated ones, reported securitysytemscompare.com.