LEWISBORO, N.Y. – New York State has awarded grants to seven libraries in the area and among them is South Salem’s Lewisboro Library.
“I couldn’t be happier to announce these grants across my district,” said State Sen. Greg Ball, who represents the 40th State Senate District. “This will help many of them to make much needed upgrades and provide the best possible service and technology to the residents they serve.”
The grants are provided through a $14 million capital fund appropriation for public libraries included in the 2012 State Budget.
The Lewisboro Library was awarded $36,710 toward replacing its existing flat membrane roof and skylight in order to reduce energy costs and improve natural lighting.
The Lewisboro Library is at 15 Main St. in South Salem.
- 1 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Lewisboro On Wednesday
- 3 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Katonah-Lewisboro School District Will Be Closed Wednesday