GOLDENS BRIDGE, N.Y. -- The passing of famous poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou at age 86 has been a major news story this week. With that in mind, Daily Voice asked residents for their reactions.
Goldens Bridge resident Mirjana Jovanovic, who is a sixth-grade English teacher in New Rochelle, was “saddened," noting that she was an historic figure.
Jovanovic's husband, Jonathan Monti, is a special education teacher at an elementary school in White Plains.
He was “deeply saddened as well," and noted that poetry is a tough subject matter and felt that it was beneficial to have someone living to discuss in class.
More information about Maya Angelou is available on her website.
- 1 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 2 Three Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital