GOLDENS BRIDGE, N.Y. -- The passing of famous poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou at age 86 has been a major news story this week. With that in mind, Daily Voice asked residents for their reactions.
Goldens Bridge resident Mirjana Jovanovic, who is a sixth-grade English teacher in New Rochelle, was “saddened," noting that she was an historic figure.
Jovanovic's husband, Jonathan Monti, is a special education teacher at an elementary school in White Plains.
He was “deeply saddened as well," and noted that poetry is a tough subject matter and felt that it was beneficial to have someone living to discuss in class.
More information about Maya Angelou is available on her website.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says