GOLDENS BRIDGE, N.Y. -- The passing of famous poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou at age 86 has been a major news story this week. With that in mind, Daily Voice asked residents for their reactions.
Goldens Bridge resident Mirjana Jovanovic, who is a sixth-grade English teacher in New Rochelle, was “saddened," noting that she was an historic figure.
Jovanovic's husband, Jonathan Monti, is a special education teacher at an elementary school in White Plains.
He was “deeply saddened as well," and noted that poetry is a tough subject matter and felt that it was beneficial to have someone living to discuss in class.
More information about Maya Angelou is available on her website.
- 1 Former Waccabuc Resident Spent $11,000 On Takeout
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Cross River Man, 20, Had Sexual Phone Chats With Minors, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester