GOLDENS BRIDGE, N.Y. -- The passing of famous poet and civil rights activist Maya Angelou at age 86 has been a major news story this week. With that in mind, Daily Voice asked residents for their reactions.
Goldens Bridge resident Mirjana Jovanovic, who is a sixth-grade English teacher in New Rochelle, was “saddened," noting that she was an historic figure.
Jovanovic's husband, Jonathan Monti, is a special education teacher at an elementary school in White Plains.
He was “deeply saddened as well," and noted that poetry is a tough subject matter and felt that it was beneficial to have someone living to discuss in class.
More information about Maya Angelou is available on her website.
- 1 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 2 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Lewisboro
- 3 State Police Warn Lewisboro Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash