KATONAH, N.Y. -- While the start of school for K-12 students in the area isn't until early September, colleges and universities have academic years that start sooner.
With another undergraduate school year starting, Daily Voice asked people in Katonah to make suggestions for items to take.
Lindsay Boccardi, a Peekskill resident who works at Little Joe's Coffee & Books, is entering her senior year at The College of Saint Rose in Albany. As possibilties, she named books to read and candy.
Down the street at Charles Department Store, which has been owned by the Raneri family for generations, David Raneri gave recommendations that both depend on the student and the school's geography. He recommended backpacks, with brands including Victorinox and Fjall Raven, along with footwear such as Sorel boots and Sperry Top-Sider.
For colder places, he suggested products from Patagonia and Canada Goose, as well as plaid shirts from Pendleton and Woolrich. For warmer areas, his daughter, Kelly Raneri, recommended short-sleeve shirts in fall colors, which can be layered with light-weight flannels or light-weight cardigans.
- 1 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Three Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro