LEWISBORO, N.Y. – According to New York State Police, a one-car accident Saturday afternoon on Interstate 684 killed both occupants of a 2010 Honda Civic.
The operator of the vehicle, a 70 year-old female from Queens, was pronounced dead on scene by Westchester EMS.
The passenger, a 57 year-old from Manhattan, was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital where she later was pronounced deceased by the medical staff, police said.
The vehicle was traveling north on I-684 at approximately 12:35 p.m. Saturday when, for unknown reasons, the operator veered out of the center lane, crossed into the slow lane and continued onto the shoulder into the grassy area of the highway, eventually striking a tree head on, police said.
The cause of the accident still is being investigated.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash