LEWISBORO, N.Y. – There will be periodic delays on Route 138 between Arbor Hill and Indian Hill starting at 7 a.m. Thursday morning as work on the new Goldens Bridge cell tower gets underway.
Lewisboro police said they will try to keep one lane open, but that commuters should plan for delays as the crane will take up much of the road during the installation.
The new cell tower is expected to be up and running this summer. Homeland Towers LLC, is the company building the tower, which will significantly improve service on Route 138, from Route 121 to Interstate 684.
Christopher Fisher, an attorney who represents Homeland Towers LLC has said the problem in Lewisboro is not capacity like in urban areas, but rather coverage. It will have all the bells and whistles such as 4G and LTE.
- 1 Goldens Bridge FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor
- 2 Child, Infant Among Seven Involved In Southeast Two-Car Crash
- 3 I-684 Accident Causes Heavy Delays
- 4 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Lewisboro On Wednesday
- 5 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection