LEWISBORO, N.Y. – Nearly 200 customers were without power in Lewisboro Thursday morning following a Nor’easter that knocked out electricity to more homes throughout northern Westcheser and delayed New York State Energy and Gas’ restorations.
An estimated 188 out of 5,461 NYSEG customers in Lewisboro were without power in at 5:30 a.m. Thursday down from 659 Wednesday morning .
NYSEG was monitoring the new storm and preparing resources for several days before Winter Storm Athena rumbled up the coast, packing near 50-mile-per-hour winds.
While the storm delayed restorations temporarily for NYSEG, the utility’s power restoration team is continuing to restore service to customers in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties who lost service as a result of damage from Hurricane Sandy. Service has been restored to 73,232 of the 75,738 NYSEG customers in the three-county region.
NYSEG customers can go to the company’s website at www.nyseg.com or call 1.800.572.1131 for local estimated times of restoration.
- 1 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Lewisboro On Wednesday
- 3 John Jay Student Disciplined After Bomb Threat, Superintendent Says
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday