LEWISBORO, N.Y. – Hurricane Sandy may have ruined Meadow Pond Elementary fourth-grader Jack O’Reilly’s 10th-birthday party, but it didn’t ruin his altruistic spirit.
The storm initially forced the cancellation of Jack’s party, but it has been rescheduled for this weekend with a new focus. When his mother asked him if he wanted to reschedule the party he said yes, but he had a request.
“He wanted to invite all fourth-graders in Lewisboro and he asked that instead of presents for him they bring something that would help a 10-year-old boy or girl affected by the storm,” said his grandfather Jim O’Reilly.
Jack’s mother, Nancy O’Reilly, agreed and the decision was made to have guests bring backpacks filled with school supplies.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash