LEWISBORO, N.Y. – Hurricane Sandy may have ruined Meadow Pond Elementary fourth-grader Jack O’Reilly’s 10th-birthday party, but it didn’t ruin his altruistic spirit.
The storm initially forced the cancellation of Jack’s party, but it has been rescheduled for this weekend with a new focus. When his mother asked him if he wanted to reschedule the party he said yes, but he had a request.
“He wanted to invite all fourth-graders in Lewisboro and he asked that instead of presents for him they bring something that would help a 10-year-old boy or girl affected by the storm,” said his grandfather Jim O’Reilly.
Jack’s mother, Nancy O’Reilly, agreed and the decision was made to have guests bring backpacks filled with school supplies.
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Bedford Estate
- 2 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 3 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer
- 4 Cable Work On Route 35 Will Cause Delays Around Bedford, Lewisboro
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority