LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Lewisboro’s Richard B. (Rich) Handler.
Handler, who owns an estate in Lewisboro, turns 53 on Friday.
Handler, a businessman, currently the CEO and director of Leucadia, as well as the chairman of the Board and CEO of Jefferies Group, was born May 23, 1961.
Handler joined Jefferies in April 1990 as a salesman and trader and was appointed CEO on Jan. 1, 2001, and chairman in 2002. During his time at Jefferies, between 1990 and 2012, shares compounded annually at 22 percent. In March 2013, Jefferies merged with Leucadia, and Handler became CEO of both companies.
Handler is also chairman and CEO of the Handler Family Foundation and serves on the Advisory Council of the Stanford University School of Business. For the University of Rochester, Handler serves on the board of trustees, as chairman of the finance committee and as co-chairman of the university's capital campaign. Handler has donated $25 million for the Jane and Alan Handler Scholarship Fund (named for Handler's parents) for exceptional students from underprivileged backgrounds with the potential for future leadership.
- 1 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Lewisboro On Wednesday
- 3 John Jay Student Disciplined After Bomb Threat, Superintendent Says
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday