MAHOPAC, N.Y. -- Family and well wishers came Tuesday to the funeral of Somers resident Gary McKeon, who was found dead nearly a week after his disappearance on May 9.
The funeral for the 67-year-old Somers resident, held at St. John the Evangelist Church in Mahopac, included respectful prayers and songs.
Father Maximo Villanueva, who spoke, noted that they were gathered to celebrate life and not death. He spoke about McKeon's family, including his five children and four grandchildren, and prayers were offered to family and those who have been involved with him.
The priest also talked about a story of a husband whose wife suffered from dementia and his tending to her. McKeon had both dementia and Parkinson's disease, and a fundraising page in his name has been set up on the website of the National Parkinson Foundation.
Kevin McKeon, one of three of his siblings, spoke with local journalists after the funeral. Speaking about his brother's progeny, he noted that the kids were “very close to each other” and added that the extended family is “quite close.”
Asked how the family is holding up, the brother replied “quite well.”
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Vacant Home In Goldens Bridge Destroyed By Fire
- 3 Lewisboro's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Lewisboro Residents