NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Laura Kenyon, a native of Lewisboro, N.Y., and former editor of the New Canaan Advertiser, is stepping into the literary world with the release of her debut novel, "Desperately Ever After."
Described on her website as a cross between HBO's "Sex and the City" and the Brothers Grimm fairy tales, "Desperately Ever After" tells the tale of a princess who watches her "happily ever after" go up in flames when she catches her prince cheating on her. Along the way, the princess commiserates with fellow princesses and queens who also thought they had their "happily ever after" as well.
Kenyon, who was the first female editor of the Advertiser, told that publication that she has been developing the idea for quite some time.
In addition to the Advertiser, Kenyon has been published in Westchester Magazine, Westchester/Hudson Valley Weddings, Kiwi Magazine, Westchester Home Magazine, Just Labs, the Fairfield Sun, the Greenwich Post and more.
After hitting shelves a month ago, the book is gathering attention and rave reviews on Amazon.com.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Lewisboro
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Lewisboro, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Lewisboro; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer