SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. -- St. John’s Episcopal Church will host the second annual Tastes of the Vine wine tasting and summer kickoff party to benefit the Goldens Bridge Fire Department on Saturday, June 7.
The wine tasting will be at St.John’s at 82 Spring St. Hours are 6-9 p.m.
The event, presented by St. John’s Parish and Cross River Wine Merchant, will feature live music, hors d’oeuvres and samplings of a wide variety of whites, reds and roses perfect for summertime sipping and outdoor grilling.
“We had a great response to this approach last year, and we’ve got a host of excellent new wines to taste this year, including some terrific California blends that people are going to love,’’ Cross River Wine Merchant owner Michael Novak said.
In addition to helping support the ministries and missions of St. John’s Parish, proceeds will benefit the Goldens Bridge Fire Department, which is recovering from an electrical fire three months ago that destroyed part of the firehouse and several vehicles that were parked inside.
Tickets, which include a complimentary wine glass, are $30 in advance through the parish website www.stjohnschurchonline.com or through the parish office (763-8273) and $35 at the door. Attendees will also have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets online or at the event for a number of prizes, including:
- A tTower of wine” featuring an assortment of wines donated by members of the parish, with a minimum of 24 bottles and possibly many more.
- Restaurant gift certificates to upscale Westchester County restaurants.
- An in-home wine tasting by Cross River Wine Merchant for 12 people ($750 value).
- A case of Prosecco with a pair of champagne flutes.
- Subscriptions to Wine Spectator and The Wine Enthusiast, along with cheese trays.
St. John’s Episcopal Parish, a part of the Lewisboro community since 1759, holds services Saturdays at 5 p.m. at St. Paul’s Chapel in Vista and Sundays at 9:30 a.m. at St. John’s Church in South Salem.
- 1 Lewisboro Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Shuttered Lewisboro Elementary's PTA Donates To Local Groups
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Lewisboro
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Lewisboro, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow