SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. – The South Salem Presbyterian Church’s fall concert series, “Sundays at 4,” returns this Sunday with renowned concert pianist Hyperion Knight.
Knight will perform the music of George Gershwin, Andrew Lloyd Webber, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Cole Porter.
Open to the public, the 4 p.m. concert series is produced by Mary Jane Newman who also serves as minster of music at the church.
Known for the diversity of his repertoire, Knight’s recordings range from Beethoven to the Beatles. A music critic noted, “a consummate showman, Knight has a caressing, liquid touch. His hands skim over the keys, often creating a shimmering sound as if the keyboard were ice and the musician the skater.”
Knight was born in Berkeley, Calif. and graduated at age 19 from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. By the age of 22, he had received both a master’s degree and a Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the Cleveland Institute of Music, and he was awarded the Arthur Loesser Prize upon graduation.
A wine-and-cheese reception will follow the concert.
Upcoming concerts in the “Sundays at 4” series include:
Nov. 4 – jazz pianist Pete Malinverni.
Nov. 18 – pianist Simon Ferraresi performing Beethoven and Chopin.
The South Salem Presbyterian Church is at 111 Spring St. Call 914-763-9282 for more information.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash