SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. – John Barricelli, owner of SoNo Baking Company and author of “The Seasonal Baker” cookbook, will host a lecture program for the Lewisboro Adult Seniors at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the South Salem firehouse.
Barricelli will bring everyday baking with fruits and vegetables within reach for home cooks, as well as offering sweet and savory recipes for the holidays. He will present recipes such as strawberries Romanoff, blueberry cheesecake in glass jars, carrot bars with cream cheese frosting, pumpkin whoopie pies with cinnamon cream, and grilled pizza with figs and ricotta, among many others. The collection of recipes, which are featured in his recent book, are designed for beginning bakers and pros alike. His book features four-color photography, as well as Barricelli's family stories.
A third-generation baker with 30 years experience, Barricelli worked at River Cafe, Le Bernardin and the Four Seasons before opening his own bakery in 2005. He is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and is also author of "The SoNo Baking Company Cookbook."
The program, sponsored by Laurel Ridge Health Care, is free. You can reserve space by calling Pam Veith at 914-232-6162. Space is limited.
- 1 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 2 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 3 More I-684 Lane Closures Scheduled
- 4 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens