NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – North Salem’s Old Salem Farm has two big horse show weeks coming up, with prizes as much as $100,000 for winners.
The dates are May 7 to 12 and May 14 to 19. Old Salem’s Spring Horse Shows are rated among the top dozen horse shows, according to the North American Riders Group.
Among the most exciting events will be the $25,000 Welcome Stake Grand Prix on May 10 at noon, the $50,000 Old Salem Farm Grand Prix on May 12 at 2 p.m., the $25,000 Grand Prix of North Salem on May 17 at noon, and the $100,000 Empire State Grand Prix on May 19 at 2 p.m. Jumper fans will also enjoy the $20,000 Speed Derby of North Salem on May 18 at 2 p.m.
Additional events during show weeks include:
- The $1,500 Canine Puissance on May 10
- A visit from Atka, the South Salem’s Wolf Conservation Center’s ambassador wolf, on May 10 at 6 p.m.
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Party, May 11 and 18, from 3 to 4 p.m.
- Mother’s Day Luncheon, May 12
- The $5,000 Groom’s Class, May 17 at 3:30 p.m.
- ASPCA Adoption Day, May 19 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The show grounds will be dotted with vendors’ booths that sell equestrian clothing, equipment, artwork and collectibles, a petting zoo, a pony ride station and games and activities for the entire family.
Old Salem Farm is on June Road, south of Hardscrabble Road in North Salem. The parking fee is $20. For more information, visit the website.