LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- The Lewisboro Garden Club will be hosting its event "Souper Sunday" on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 4 p.m at the Onatru Farm on 99 Elmwood Road in South Salem.
Join the Garden Club for soup and to watch the documentary "A Man Named Pearl." The documentary is born of a bigoted remark that dissuaded Pearl Fryar from moving into a white neighborhood since “black people don’t keep up their yards.”
Fryar creates an extraordinary topiary garden that conveys his message of love, peace and goodwill and his philosophy that "obstacles should not keep you from where you want to go."
The suggested donation is $5. RSVP by Wednesday, Feb. 5 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914 764-4990.
For more information, visit www.lewisborogardenclub.org.
- 1 Former Waccabuc Resident Spent $11,000 On Takeout
- 2 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Accident Reported At Intersection Of Routes 35, 124 In Lewisboro
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro
- 5 Cross River Man, 20, Had Sexual Phone Chats With Minors, Police Say