KATONAH, N.Y. – Proud students, parents and instructors crowded into the lower level of the Katonah Village Library on Saturday for the opening of a gallery of the finest works completed by artists of all ages at the Katonah Art Center.
The gallery will be open through June 29. It features sculptures, paintings, drawings and even a short movie from younger students, and more elaborate pieces from the Art Center’s teenage artists.
The annual event has been a rite of passage for young Katonah artists for nearly 20 years. The festive opening reception featured art aficionados, parents and artists discussing the various works of art while enjoying food and drink befitting a professional gallery.
Katonah resident Chuck Rivers unknowingly wandered into the gallery while he was at the library, but said he was impressed by the young art talent in the area.
“Some of these paintings look like they could have been done by a professional, not a 15-year-old kid,” he said. “It’s good to see our younger generation using their talents for good.”
Check out our photo album to see the vast array of artwork that is being displayed.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Lewisboro Skies Sunday
- 2 High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying In Ridgefield
- 3 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 4 Lewisboro Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Lewisboro Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend