BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford Hills' Antioch Baptist Church will hold a gospel concert to benefit the Community Center of Northern Westchester on Sunday, April 27.
The concert, performed by The Chancel Choir begins at 3 Church St. All proceeds benefit the programs and services of the center. There is no admission fee to the concert but those who attend may make a free-will offering to benefit the center.
“The Antioch Church concert never fails to lift our spirits each April,” said Fran Dowling, who serves on the center’s board of directors. “We are thankful for the proceeds of the concert that help keep food on the center’s pantry shelves and help to maintain the many programs we offer to families of limited means.”
The Community Center has been "dedicated to helping neighbors in need by sharing the essentials of living" since 1992, according to a press release.
"With the support of 30 Community Partners, and the generosity and volunteer power of residents from all over Northern Westchester, we offer food and clothing, as well as other programs designed to ease the burden of families in need in over 37 communities in Northern Westchester," representatives said in the release.
The Community Center of Northern Westchester is at 84 Bedford Road in Katonah.
- 1 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 John Jay HS Students Receive Regional Recognition For Photographs