CARMEL, N.Y. -- Wallauer’s in Carmel celebrated the launch of its new Ace Hardware department Friday with grand opening festivities.
To mark the occasion, specials will run throughout the weekend.
Store Manager Vinnie Kempter said Wallauer's and Ace Hardware is a natural combination. They provide customer service and knowledge to take care of customers in a way that big box stores can't, he said.
Putnam County Executive MaryEllen Odell said she was very excited about the store's expansion.
"It's about expanding job Opportunities and commerce," she said.
The 3,000 square foot store (Wallauer’s has doubled the size of its old location) is packed with thousands of essential products and supplies to help people take care of their homes. Key product offerings include paint, lawn and garden, hardware, electrical, plumbing, automotive and home décor.
Saturday hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Shoppers will receive a free reusable bag and 20 percent off everything that fits in the bag.
On Sunday, May 11, shoppers will receive 50 percent off any one item under $30 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Regular store hours are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday,7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visit www.wallauer.com for complete information on the store's products.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager